Economic Stimulus Package Provides Incentives for Physicians to Increase Utilization of Technology
The passage of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 provides incentives for office based physicians and other eligible professionals to tap into the power of electronic medical records. Physicians, hospitals and health systems may be eligible to benefit from the incentives, whether through the initial deployment of a certified EMR or completion of existing healthcare IT projects.
Snapshot of the Stimulus Package:
- Plan includes $19 billion to accelerate EMR and other IT adoption by office-based physicians.
- Eligible professionals include doctors of medicine or osteopathy, podiatrists, optometrists and chiropractors.
- Medicare provision includes incentives up to $44,000 per physician (per practice) over a 5-year period.
- Medicaid provision includes incentives up to $63,750 per physician over a 6 year period.
- Funds become available for office-based physicians on January 1, 2011.
- Physicians who do not adopt EMR technology will see reduced Medicare payments starting 2015.
- Funding and incentives are tied to demonstrating "meaningful use" of a certified EMR.
Not sure if you qualify? Call Medworks at 973.543.8600 for a free consultation
Concerned about the cost of implementing an EMR? Special EMR pricing is available!
We have a variety of programs designed to allow you to make low monthly payments now, and then adjust or even eliminate them when stimulus reimbursements become available. Leasing is an easy, affordable way to adopt Medisoft Clinical now.
Lease benefits include:
- Keeps your bank and credit lines open in the event of an emergency
- Does not significantly affect your cash flow
- Allows for back-end federal stimulus funding arriving after "meaningful use".
- Pays for today's equipment with tomorrow's dollars