McKesson Practice Choice EMR: “Cloud-based” and perfect for independent practices
After years of researching the needs of small to medium-sized independent practices, McKesson Practice Choice and McKesson Practice Choice for Medisoft were built from the ground up with those needs in mind.
It is a complete clinical EMR, scheduling, and, if desired, billing solution that incorporates an attractive user interface, simple organization and navigation, and drag and drop functionality. Practice Choice is Meaningful Use Certified and is designed to work perfectly as either a stand-alone EMR/PM/Scheduler, or with the Medisoft Practice Management software that a practice may already use. Billing staff does not have to re-learn their software.
Practice Choice is a web-based “cloud” solution in which the software resides on outside servers and eliminates the need to purchase and maintain a server in the medical office. It also means that updates and enhancements are deployed as they are completed and tested – sometimes as often as weekly.
Practice Choice is easy to learn – its features are intuitive even if this is your first EMR. There are no complex modules or tons of features meant for larger multi-specialty and multi-location practices.
Practice Choice integrates and streamlines a small practice’s primary functions, providing staff with:
- Greater insight into daily routines such as checking in and moving patients throughout the office
- More patient and insurance information as well as access to populate these fields at the point of check in
- Daily reports on claim submissions
- Well documented patient records that are accessible at any time from any location
- Easy button navigation to all areas of the system, including patient scheduling and billing applications
- Connection to health information exchanges (HIEs) for enhanced care coordination
- Clinical Quality Measures that are native in the application and may be ran at any time to keep a pulse on your practice meeting meaningful use
- Smart Note Technology which allows a physician to complete a progress note to populate the remaining sectionc of the chart all from within one screen.